Cloud Software Developer (Kubernetes - K8S | Docker | DevOps | Cloud Foundry)
Salary £40,000 to £60,000 (D.O.E - junior to mid-level / 1-3 years’ experience)
Bonus: Standard 12% OR 26.7% (70/30) incentive split package on top of base
Our client is an exciting Global Cloud Platform Technology and Cognitive Solutions giant! Their cloud platform helps their clients build and deploy across multicloud and existing IT to maximize ROI with a flexible, open-source approach. They have a large and diverse portfolio of products and services. These offerings fall into the categories of Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Commerce, Data and Analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), IT Infrastructure, Mobile, and Security.
As part of a cutting edge software development team, you will be developing on Kubernetes (K8s) and moving workloads to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. As part of modernising the application, you will advise on and help implement DevOps for containerized workloads. You will also leverage skills and best practices to design and develop the cloud and AI solutions that will help our clients drive technology benefits and business outcomes across industries. You will work with cutting edge technologies such as DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud Foundry as well as with a passionate team of people who are driving the innovation and digital transformation to cross-industry enterprise clients. An ideal candidate will be familiar with Design Thinking, Behaviour and Test-Driven Development, and working in Agile ways.
- Design and implement MVPs featuring K8s applications.
- Partner with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to create solutions to meet business and technical opportunities.
- Understand and communicate technical advantages and trade-offs for PCF to K8s migration, and the general value proposition of developing applications with Docker, k8s, and cloud.
- Explore and develop new technical skills and industry practices while absorbing professional knowledge quickly and using demonstrated interpersonal skills to be an effective ambassador for the company’s product suite.
- Use exceptional communication skills and with input from product management, development, and architecture thought leaders, work to deliver high quality outcomes to demonstrate the capabilities of cloud native apps on k8s and how to modernize apps for k8s.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Hands on experience in developing applications on K8s+Docker, preferably using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Understanding with PCF application development architecture such as microservices and full stack development.
- Understanding of development frameworks (Spring, ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails).
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Designing and implementing automated dev-ops deployments that implement CI/CD best practices.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of PaaS – Cloud Foundry, Red Hat OpenShift.
- Demonstratable experience in private and public Cloud.
- Experience in implementing various microservice patterns (Circuit breaker pattern, bulkhead pattern, backends for front end patterns, cache aside patterns etc).
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact Jakob Russell - 01628 560792
83zero Consulting Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in Data Science ML, AI, Big Data | Agile Software Development | Project Management within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.