Data Engineer – Permanent - London
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 Days Annual Leave (Plus Holiday Buy Scheme), Pension Scheme, Health Care Scheme, Gym Membership, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Vouchers plus more.
Location: London with flexi – working from home
*Multiple roles available*
We are working with a very exciting software house who have been an industry leader for over 35 years in their sector! They have a very established software product suite which is used by many major public and private sector organisations (top 250 FTSE and Fortune 500) internationally.
They are just about to embark on a very exciting digital transformation programme. They have been collecting data around their products use in various forms for decades and have now started to move towards modernising the way they store and gain insight from this large volume of information.
The Role and required experience:
- Work with BA, data modeller, visualization developer and data architect to bring business requirement into business intelligence dashboards and data-driven product offering.
- Build, test and deploy ingestion data pipelines to import data from sources that include but not limited to SQL server, Cosmos DB, Salesforce, NetSuite, HubSpot, Aha, Jira Etc.
- Build, test and deploy Data pipelines for data processing and transformation within the data platforms.
- Build out data structures.
- Initially build out and then enhance the data lake/warehouse without loss of performance or functionality.
- Build data quality framework and address data quality issues.
- Build efficient and scalable systems to ensure modular delivery in a timely fashion without compromising the existing system.
- Identify automation/workflow/system improvements.
- 5 years of experience working on data platforms (data warehouse/data lake) projects
- Proven track records building and deploying ETL pipelines
- Expert knowledge in SQL, Python, Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server and Snowflake is essential, experience with Tableau is desirable
- Extensive experience of implementing solutions to ingest data from Relational Databases (such as SQL server), NoSQL Databases (such as Cosmos DB), semi-structured data (such as JSON)
- Previous experience in automated testing for data pipelines
- Proficiency in working with REST APIs
- Familiar with Azure Cloud Tech Stack (SQL Server, Cosmos DB, Functions etc)
- Deep understanding of the principles of good data warehouse practice
- Experience of master data and data quality principles
- Experience of applying software development principles, including environment management and version control
- Understanding of change management and release management principles when delivering data solutions to production
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact Jakob Russell - 01628 560792
83DATA Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in Data Science ML, AI, Big Data | Agile Software Development | Project Management within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.